The new influenster website was launched early this week and it is quite different from the old layout with new features and a sleek shiny new look. This is what it looks like before you login with a great picture and the current products being reviewed.
The old layout was quite a simpleton in todays world of technology with just three tabs to direct you. I personally love the new layout but I did have to spend a little bit of time trying to figure it out.
For those who don’t know about influenster I want to share what they have on their about section which is just adorable:
An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters (such as yourself) come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other. 2. The hotspot you just bookmarked on your web browser that turns your social influence into sweet rewards.
Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly — they just want to know what’s up).
What I really liked:
- The layout
- Ways to review the products
- Brand badges – a way to be a brand ambassador for a product you have received and reviewed
- The Q&A section — great interaction
- A influenster score assigned based on activity and influence
- Divding it into lifestyle & Expert badges– Lifestyle is who you are and the expert badge in what your pretty dang good at.
What I didn’t like:
- Had to take badge quizzes again
- Had to update a lot of my info
- Have to wait a week for my score
- Limit on badges (5) — but I can see the sense in it
What I thought should have been included:
To sign up you can visit the website at http://www.influenster.com/
— the website is now invite only so you will have to request a membership or if you have a friend on influenster they can send you a invite. Though each member only has 5 invites available— better make them a batch of cookies soon.